oh my god, //Why We Fly Home

Hildur Gudnadottir - Ascent
it's alive, oh, it's so alive...these clouds of rain, pillows of wet wonder to help us breathe in our world of city stench, these paths of green, trenches to shield some of the wind when all we need is a moment of breeze to keep us in love with the sight. a hill above a town, to look into the sea, and preclude an empty memory of countryside unexplored, oh, it's so alive, this earth we must borrow for our feet.
//modernclassical.atmospheric\\

Olafur Arnalds - Faun
if we imagine that all existence can be embodied into a single cell, and that this cell is in turn embodied by some other cell, and so on it repeats until we get to this first cell, and we acknowledge that with life comes disease, fatigue, death, then we are faced with the existence of the death of that first cell, that holy embodiment of life, hope, imagination, love, evil, hate, the rest of earth's mysteries and obscurities and unfortunate side effects, and one hell of a funeral.
//modernclassical.atmospheric\\

Nalepa - Monday
at my feet, i keep a diary. not a 'dear diary, today i fell in love' type of diary; no pre-teen diatribe, no adolescent wishes and desires penned at the whim of how your hair looks in the morning - at my feet, i keep a diary of records. i record the moment you walk into your house, the moment you turn on the shower, the moment you take off your clothes, the moment you go into bed, the moment you fall asleep. at my feet, i keep a record of your life, and when that last page is filled, i will come for you.
//glitch.electronica.noise\\

Mike Bones - What I Have Left (Alexis Taylor Version)
the shades are closed, the afternoon is securely blocked out of my bedroom. it's a solitary feeling, capturing nighttime and keeping it for as long as you are awake. the curiosity for what the day may bring succumbs to weary eyes and a musical heart, but my skin is dirty and my hair is falling out. my breath is escaping, and my back aches as i sit for as long as i have been. the clocks are all upside down, my bed is damp with sweat, and my wrists are too tired to compose - but life goes on, it tumbles down in waves and explosions and subtle jolts, and we use all our energy to brace for impact. the fall is the catch, the dream is the flight, and what i have left is a handful of dust. click the second link first, please.
//disco.downtempo\\

I have been away for far too long, and there is just so much music I want to share with you all - so expect more tracks, less talk, this week. the moods will range from club to sub to bubble pop, so keep checking back and you'll get plenty of tunes for this weekend.


This movie trailer confuses me, but I still want to see the film:



I said I'd start posting some podcasts of my radio show for this past year, so here is the first - the last show broadcasted this semester, which aired on May 6th.
chillthef*ckout w/ the great red shark:

Mount Kimbie - Maybes
Burial & Four Tet - Wolf Cub
Gui Boratto - Besides
Sparklehorse - It's A Wonderful Life
Black Moth Super Rainbow - American Face Dust
Ruby Weapon - Daily Routine (AC Cover)
Jon Brion - Spotless Mind
The Cinematic Orchestra - That Home (feat. Patrick Watson)
Julianna Barwick - Sunlight, Heaven
Hildur Gudnadottir - Ascent
Friendly Foliage - Spindle
Fink - See It All
Patrick Watson - Beijing
Animal Collective - What Would I Want Sky


I have succumbed; I have a myspace with a couple of songs on it. I may have kicked myself in the balls last night and started a new project...I'm going to keep myself busy with music if it's the last thing I do. The outside can wait for now.



- tgrs

1 comment:

toy said...

I love the grim blurb under the Nalepa track.

Also, your hotlinkfiles still don't work for me, therefore I was unable to listen to anything but your podcast. Le sigh :(

Nevertheless it's great to see you posting again. :)